Effervescent sulfiting agents combine the benefits of KMBS with several additional advantages. Upon contact with wine or juice, these products release CO2, creating natural mixing for homogenization of the product with no further agitation needed.
Advantages of EFFERGRAN
- Reduces risk of incorrect additions and poor SO2 distribution in wine
- Reduces labor time for sulfiting barrel or small vessels
- Reduces risk for cellar worker health (low odor, low irritation)
- Rapid, complete and homogeneous distribution of SO2 without mixing in barrels and tanks up to 50,000 L (13,200 gal)
For Use in Winemaking
- Effervescent, granulated potassium metabisulfite.
- Strong antioxidant and antimicrobial effects.
- When added to grapes, it assures a homogeneous and a rapid release of SO2, minimizing oxidation during transport from vineyard to winery.
- When added to wine, it rapidly dissolves, assuring a homogeneous and rapid distribution of SO2 without requiring pump-overs in tank volumes of up to 50,000 L (13,200 gal).
Recommendations: Sulfiting tank; homogeneous SO2 released; wines; juices; grapes; grapes transport.
For Use in Cider Making
- Effervescent, granulated potassium metabisulfite
- Rapidly dissolves, assuring a homogeneous and rapid distribution of SO2 without requiring pump-overs in tank volumes of up to 50,000 L (13,200 gal)